Friday, February 17, 2012

Wet Jedi Devotees

This was an 'interesting' day.  It rained off and on all night.  The Hill Country sure needs it.  It did impact our daily routine tho.

We did our normal cleaning but did not get into the park for litter patrol or fire pit service.  We're glad we completely covered our territory yesterday.  This being a three day weekend, the park is booked solid.

The Park Manager, Janie, asked if we would be available to assist a visiting group move their gear to the area they will be using this weekend.  We were going to help them move their portable generators to the primitive day-use area that does not allow vehicles.  We planned to use an ATV to transport the generators.

The group is sponsored by a local eclectic book store, Book People.  They are doing a weekend long Jedi Training camp for kids???

I looked it up but due to my severe lack of Star Wars knowledge, I am clueless what they are doing.  After perusing their website I am still not sure what is going on.  The Force completely passed me by.

Anyway, we waited most of the afternoon but never got the call for our help so I returned the park's mule and called it a day.  The Mule is a Kawasaki ATV that we use to move about the park while we do our chores.

Janie said they never contacted her for our help.  She suspected that due to the rain, the group changed their plans.

I actually took our camera with us as today but there was nothing of note to photograph.

I did talk with the camper with the hammock I talked about yesterday.  He said he had a great night's sleep.  I don't know if that is something we will ever experience but I do find it interesting.

We had to wait for a 'deer jam' this morning.  For some reason a large herd of deer was hanging out on the road to the maintenance shop.  We had to wait until they decided to clear the road before we could proceed.  I bet there were at least 12 does and yearlings.  There were also three young bucks.

We went to the laundromat in the late afternoon but it was too crowded so we decided to wait until tomorrow.  We did get our weekly shopping done at Walmart and Sam's.

We came home and grilled some steaks.  Robin sautéed brussel sprouts and we watched TV.  Another ho-hum day but it did have it's highlights.

I'll sign off with a hearty "Na-nu Na-nu!" as I wrap up today's episode of us "Chasin' Our Dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated. They help me make the blog better!